Saturday, May 17, 2008

Small But Mighty


This is my new outdoor painting for my front garden. The old painting of an African-American woman leading a white horse (à la Alice Walker's "Am I Blue") was painted on rather fragile hollow core doors and could not take another summer of rain.

This new work is painted on much more durable marine plywood with cedar supports and will be coated with three layers of Aquathane ultraviolet absorber and weatherproofing clear gloss.

You're never too young to be a rebel. Isn't that right... Sweetie?


Acrylic paint on marine plywood, approximately 56 x 36" (142 x 91 cm.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never too young, sweetie!!

I totally love it.

stephen said...

Simply an amazing piece!

V said...

Thank you, both! I am happy with my little girl. She will make a fine ambassador.

And I like how she takes what she needs.

Mark said...

Very beautiful work Vie, M

V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
V said...

So happy to see you here, M!