Tuesday, June 3, 2008

On Your Mark...


This post is for Mark, who wanted to see more outdoor art. It is pouring with heavy, soaking rain this afternoon so I can't take any pictures of the outdoors paintings and how they work with the metal sculptures.

So I thought I would sort of do some film commentary. Evidently, there is a movie out there called "Sex and the City" and it is based on a television program of the same name. I've never seen the program, because I don't watch tv and I won't go to the movie, Apparently it involves a lot of women with fancy shoes and a lot of problems, and it sounds pretty boring. And in the art world, shoes serve an entirely different purpose than the shoes in that film.

Here is a picture of my shoes. I've had them for about 15 or 16 years. The shoes have held up unbelievably well, probably in part because they were made in Italy and not in China. Considering that I have worn them in the studio and during all my gardening and landscaping projects for all that length of time, they are remarkably clean. They fit very well and they are very fit. They are exercised daily along with the dog, in all kinds of weather. I have given them the very rare shoe blackening, which covers up some of the paint splatches, and when they've been very, very good, they receive a new pair of laces.

Really, I find them very beautiful as shoes. Much more beautiful and far more useful than any of my high-heeled shoes and they are never so mean as to pinch. They have lived a life that most shoes would envy, if only they would admit it. They are an artist's studio shoes and I love them. They've got character.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Lovely two boot!