Monday, February 2, 2009

At Sea


Earlier in this blog I wrote that, "Ideas Arrive By Ship" (see, January 7, 2008). In this case, although I have purchased a set of very beautiful wooden letterpress type forms, I do not possess a complete set of letters, matched or unmatched. Therefore, I cannot spell out words all at once with my gel medium impressions. I must either piece them together by using several molds of the same letter, or else come up with a different way to spell them out. In this case, I did not have an extra "c", and I do not possess a "y" at all.

Some ideas are better, and grow stronger, if they are made to set out on a voyage. To trade and haggle, bicker and dissent. Come to agreements, handshakes, and terms. Some words need to set sail and go trading, if they are to become what they are destined to be.

Acrylic on paper and silk with 22k gold leaf. 16 x 24.5 cm.

No comments: