Monday, February 13, 2012

Painting in Progress (Tiny Bubbles)

So that the illusion of the surf isn't totally dependent on the sponge painting, I added some bubbles in the surf by brush.

Another bubble...

This is the silk fringe of the old piano shawl. It serves a lot of purposes. The other day I made it into seaweed and doll's hair. Today I attempted to make red coral with it by mixing the silk strands with red paint, gel medium and a little bit of sand.

These are the bits of faux broken red coral. I have an actual red coral necklace, made of rough, unfinished, natural pieces, but I wasn't willing to sacrifice it so maybe these will work instead. The pieces available as beads are dyed bamboo coral, not genuine red coral, and since they are dyed I thought that the color might not last. This faux silk imitation is light weight in addition to being more lightfast than any dye. We will see how it works once it dries. It will hopefully echo the red color of the woman's hair and that of the doll.

No comments: