Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Art of Victory

We were having lunch on a remote lakeshore, listening to the sounds of loons. My cell phone suddenly rang with a message from my attorney that we won our four-year-long court case over the display of my paintings in our yard. Judge Bruce Morrow sensibly ruled that the sign ordinance under which my husband had been charged was unconstitutionally vague, and he reversed the guilty verdict of Grosse Pointe Park's Municipal Judge Jarboe. The Municipal Court was ordered to dismiss the charges and to rewrite the sign code to read as clearly constitutional.

Since we have only just this evening rolled into town from the wilds of Canada (even further from the reaches of any cell phone service) I have little energy to report further on this or anything else and look forward only to a glass of wine and a movie. But you can read the first announcement in the Metro Times... here:

The Art of Victory

No comments: