Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pink and Blue


Two new paintings, both rather small and the subject matter light...

The first is The Key To My Heart, that is to say, sweet words and poetry. They put a girl's head in the clouds. She has keys where her ears should be. The world is pink cotton and heart candies.
Acrylic on paper and silk with 22k gold leaf. 25 x 32 cm.


Not so the Blues, which is jangly chords and piano keys and sheet music, not sweet music. Smoky blues and stained glass.

Acrylic on paper, silk and velvet, with ceramic tiles, cowrie shells and glass beads. 22 x 25 cm.

8 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Beautiful!!! Such different moods!

I heard some Rockin' Blues last night. At Maxwell's my first time there.

I am not a pink girl, but I love the pinky one. It's so cheery and evocative of mood (as is the darker one!)

I've been painting apples to prepare for my Thanksgiving cooking. See my apples here.

V said...

Nice apples!

I'm not a Pink girl myself, but anyone who is as taken in by candy-colored words as this lady should probably be surrounded by a pink aura.

(I'm still a sucker for candy hearts, though.)

I haven't been to Maxwell's, must go.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

The pink one is so bright and cheery, and weirdly, looking at it, it reminds me of Bob Dylan.

V said...

I've been waiting for someone to mention John Lennon, which my son did the minute he saw this!

jens hunger said...

ohhhh, you use good ...... tea.....

Diipo said...

I love the pink hearts in the first and the cowries in the second, thank you for sharing.

V said...

Glad you enjoyed the two paintings. Thanks for looking!

-Q- said...

I LOVE YOUR PINK PORTRAIT!!!